We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Under the general direction of the Mixing Center operations supervisor/manager, the Lead Person is responsible for assisting Management with multiple tasks such as training, coaching, and onboarding new and existing associates. Assists with the day to day operation, performs daily inventory accuracies, and adheres to the company/mixing center policies and procedures. Supports Management in achieving optimal productivity by delegating tasks to assigned team members while maintaining levels of quality, accuracy of inventory, and safety of associates. Performs a variety of duties relating to warehousing, product movement, and inventory functions within the Mixing Center. Provides feedback to Management as to the team member’s job performance as needed. Assist with administering the safety program set forth by ATD.
- Meets with Supervisor/Manager on a daily basis to discuss goal attainment, inventory levels, and to ensure timelines are being met. Leads all associates in achieving discussed goals.
- Works with the Supervisor/Manager to coordinate the planned work flow as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring his/her team are fulfilling their roles and running smoothly per the Management’s instructions.
- Works closely with Management to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the inventory to achieve an absolute inventory variance of 2% or less.
- Ensures all team members have the necessary resources to complete assigned tasks and running at optimum levels throughout the shift in support of leadership team objectives.
- Provides on the job training, cross training to new and existing associates on a consistent basis using the SEAL onboarding tools and processes.
- Responsible for completing process, accuracy, and production reports associated with daily goals and communicate findings to the operations supervisor/manager.
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and department procedures and reporting any non-compliance by team members to Supervisor/Manager.
- Acts as the liaison between team members and Management to facilitate good communication and airing of complaints from both parties, and see to it that all issues are sorted out.
- Assists with administering the safety program set forth by American Tire Distributors to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Provides recommendations on process improvement and may assist in implementation.
- Any other applicable duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
Key Partners (Positions):
- Mixing Center - General Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Supervisor(s), Inventory Control Manager, Dispatcher, Safety Coordinator, Office Administrator, Warehouse Person(s), Inventory Coordinator
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Experience: Computer literacy is required, excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Self-management: Set well defined and realistic goals. Display initiative and commitment to meet goals, to be multitask, and work with minimal supervision.
- Decision Making: Make sound, well informed and objective decisions. Understand the impact of the decisions made to effectively motivate and lead others.
- Creative Thinking: Use imagination to develop solutions to problems. Always remember what worked yesterday no longer works today.
- Continuous Learning: Recognize strengths and weaknesses. Allow feedback from others and pursue self-development.
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with all departments to coordinate effective work environment. Share information and foster the exchange of ideas.
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behavior, decisions, and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 0%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace