We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The primary responsibility of the Mixing Center- Inventory Coordinator is to maintain the integrity of the inventory through mandated corporate programs and execution of full physical inventory. Maintains the integrity of the locator system with regards to bin maintenance at a level acceptable to the Company guidelines. Utilizes the ORACLE Inventory system to determine which storage locations need to have accurate inventories. Uses a scanner to transfer products and correct physical inventory variances identified in the ISO paperwork. Performs daily cycle counts to ensure quantities of products (tires, wheels, accessories, etc.) are accurately reflected on the system quantity inventory software (TELNET.) Notifies supervisors and leads of any incorrect quantities of products found by the “put-away- teams” requiring correct storage location as needed.
- Performs pre-check lists and operates powered industrial equipment (forklifts, order pickers, etc.) in a safe manner to transport products (tires, wheels, accessories, etc.) from one location to another; demonstrates commitment to all safety standards at all times.
- Utilizes the ORACLE Inventory system daily to review and determine which storage locations need to have the physical products counted to ensure accurate inventory.
- Utilizes the “Symbol Scanner” to transfer products from one designated storage location to another in order to correct any physical inventory variances identified in the original ISO paperwork; updates the paperwork using pencil entries to reflect any changes.
- Utilizes the Symbol Scanner to move any excess products (tires, wheels, accessories etc.) not reflected on the systematical quantity scanner to the correct bin location as needed.
- Performs daily cycle counts to ensure quantities of products (tires, wheels, accessories, etc.) are accurately reflected on the system quantity inventory software (TELNET.)
- Uses 2-way communications radio to keep Inventory Control Manager informed of production progress throughout the day.
- Performs random bin checks of products to validate correct physical quantities using the Symbol Scanner”; notifies inventory control manager of any discrepancies.
- Researches inventory discrepancies when a product shortage is confirmed; locates missing product and replenishes the product shortage accordingly.
- Notifies operations supervisor and lead of any incorrect quantities of products found by the “put-away- teams” that need to be moved to the correct storage location as needed.
- Any other applicable duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
Key Partners (Positions):
- Mixing Center - Operations Supervisors, Inventory Control Manager
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Experience: Previous Inventory control experience preferred but not required
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Organization and communication skills
- Integrity: Doing the right thing in all circumstances
- Self-management: Set well defined and realistic goals. Display initiative and commitment to meet goals. Work with minimal supervision.
- Decision Making: Make sound, well informed and objective decisions. Understand the impact of the decisions made.
- Creative Thinking: Use imagination to develop solutions to problems. Always remember what worked yesterday no longer works today.
- Continuous Learning: Recognize strengths and weaknesses. Allow feedback from others and pursue self-development.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with all departments to coordinate effective work environment. Share information and foster the exchange of ideas.
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”.
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behavior, decisions, and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 0%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace