We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Inside Account Specialist is responsible for soliciting new business and servicing existing customers in ATD's Corporate Account Business.
Make outbound sales calls to Corporate Account locations to grow sales Develop and maintain relationships with individual locations at Corporate Accounts
- Identify sales growth opportunities including products, programs, and value-added services
- Identify opportunities for system integration and assist customers with integrated IT systems
- Educate locations about internal marketing programs and monitor and provide program compliance updates
- Conduct prospecting and calls to locations with low purchasing volume
- Prioritize and plan sales calls
- Manage customer master and update for new locations and acquisitions by Corporate Accounts Collaborate with Program Managers to maintain relationships with assigned Corporate Accounts
- Maintain knowledge of competitors' pricing, policies and market strategy to effectively deal with business competition
- Conduct complex issue resolution for customers
- Collaborate with Inside Sales and Service Managers and Inside Sales and Service Representatives to understand issues raised by Corporate Accounts
- Communicate customer issues and feedback to appropriate ATD colleagues
Key Partners (Positions):
- Program Managers
- Assistant Program Managers
- Directors of Sales
- Retail Training Consultants
- Inside Sales and Service Managers
- Inside Sales and Service Representatives
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 3 years telephone sales experience required
- Retailer experience required
- Tire industry experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of retail store operations including shop and retail counter management and P&L
- Superior PSS and consultative sales skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proactive management of responsibilities
- Strategic thinking, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Collaborative approach with departmental and sales personnel
- Effective communication skills over telephone
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time, with travel throughout the assigned region and may require overnight stays. Travel could include both automobile and air travel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace